This happened in the crowded bugis mrt while we were going home yesterday. Dearie's cell phone was hung with his pouch behind his pant. Which we knew it was somehow his fault to hang there :( ... Well, it was really so "lucky" of us to be eyed by some idiot damn fxxking hooligan pickpocket. What I can really say is his/her villainous skill of stealing was familiar and swift, it happened so quickly(3 seconds) that we don't even have a chance to recognise who's that culprit was. So at that point of time, dearie suggested to call his own cell phone right away, so that we could actually trace where did the ringtone came from. But unfortunately, his ringtone was too soft with the train's travelling "vacuum" sound from the background in the underground railway.
Well, from Bugis going towards City Hall was just a few minutes distance, so we both felt so helpless, stood there anxiously and straining our ears, wishing that we could catch the thief. While in the train, I suspected a chinese guy standing near the pole at the center of the car. He was holding a plastic bag with it's suspicious eyes roaming around. I thought it might be him but how could I actually put a finger on anyone when I was just suspecting only. Hell! At that time I felt like commanded him to hand out the cell phone right away...but could I? Could I really do it?? ><
After that, I told my mummy about it & she suggested to call the police right away at that time. But I disagreed, how can those police out there arrive at such rapid time?? Or do they?
I appreciated my mummy's suggestion which was no help to it, actually, I should have say I appreciated her consoling. Thanks mummy~
However, her idea of calling the police made me think twice. Other than alerting the police, could we just push the Emergency Button on the train? So that we could intercom the train's driver to stop the train and prevent the thief from getting down the next station? Or is it mainly designed for emergency to people getting sick in the train or people's injury purposes? Is it restrain to such situation only??? What is exactly emergency definition all about? I started to question myself with all these doubts in my mind yesterday. Till now, I yet to find an answer.
The whole night I didn't sleep well, the incident was still freshly etched on my mind. Keep awaken by this event in e middle of my sleep. And at this moment, I still feel the same…my mood is down to the drain...
Maybe I should post this question to the MRT's in-charge later. Maybe they could give me an answer... Will they? Still wondering...
Thinking about it again, we will not curse whoever the thief is, we will not dwell on this anymore and we will get our life going better than after. He/she will get the retribution/ karma at the end of the day.
Until now, I still couldn't find the best adjective to describe my feeling presently for this...
Y